Software Engineer - PHP, CSS, Java for SEO & Web Dev
Local Recruiting Dept
in Irvine, Ca
Local.com (NASDAQ: LOCM) is a leading local search engine and the largest local search network in the United States. The company provides over 19 million consumers each month with the most relevant search results for local businesses, products and services on Local.com and over 700 regional media sites. Businesses can target ready-to-purchase consumers using a variety of advertising products including subscription, pay per click, banner and pay per call ad products. Local.com consistently ranks in the Top 100 in U.S. website traffic according to Internet research firm, comScore.
Powered by the company's patent-pending Keyword DNA™ and local web indexing technologies, Local.com provides users with targeted, relevant local search results. These results include special offers from local businesses, reviews from other users, local businesses' website links, maps, driving directions and more. The company is based in Irvine, California.
Local.com (an Irvine-based local search engine), is looking for an entrepreneurial team player with the spirit and desire to envision change and see it happen. As Local.com increasingly shifts our focus to locally centered search design we are seeking an A+ Developer with a true “start-up” vision and mentality. This is a rare chance to become a part of a strategic team working diligently to rapidly enhance its product offering in a local search market full of opportunity!
The Developer will be a part of the Engineering Team which oversees the development of Local.com’s tools and websites. This position will be responsible for working with other Developers, the Database Team, and the QA Team to deliver superior site code in order to achieve product requirements.
The Developer’s responsibilities include:
· Create design deliverables for new projects
· Develop new features and support existing applications.
· Proficiency in developing standards-compliant, cross browser, high performance code using modern development techniques.
· Attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines are a must.
· Perform functional performance and unit testing as part of code submission to QA.
· Track application deployments and implementation in a scheduled release environment.
· Perform Site and Application maintenance as necessary.
· Experience adhering to a design process.
· Have 2-5 years experience with C#, .NET Framework, ASP.NET, Web Services, Server Controls, XML, and SQL Server 2005 programming
· Have 2-5 years experience with PHP; familiarity with CAKE framework a plus
· Must have familiarity with hand-coded, W3C compliant HTML, XHTML and CSS 3
· Knowledge of basic SEO
· Possess a passion for clean code and clear naming conventions.
· Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to work independently.
- We would be interested in seeing an online profile that showcases your best and most recent work.
Please be local to the Irvine, Ca area. Orange County, San Diego and Los Angeles
Apply Directly at our Web Site here:
About Local Recruiting Dept:
Local Recruiting Dept
Recent jobs at Local Recruiting Dept