Senior Project Manager - Create Implement PMO at our SEO Public Co.
Local Recruiting Dept
in Irvine, Ca
Local.com (NASDAQ: LOCM) is a leading local search engine and the largest local search network in the United States. The company provides over 19 million consumers each month with the most relevant search results for local businesses, products and services on Local.com and over 700 regional media sites. Businesses can target ready-to-purchase consumers using a variety of advertising products including subscription, pay per click, banner and pay per call ad products. Local.com consistently ranks in the Top 100 in U.S. website traffic according to Internet research firm, comScore.
Powered by the company's patent-pending Keyword DNA™ and local web indexing technologies, Local.com provides users with targeted, relevant local search results. These results include special offers from local businesses, reviews from other users, local businesses' website links, maps, driving directions and more. The company is based in Irvine, California.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for providing project support services and training and managing the implementation of project management processes and methodologies. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for building the PMO framework, developing workflow processes, raising organizational awareness, provide best practice training for all managers, creation and management of departmental policies, managing, coaching, and leading a department of Project Managers in activities that support current system operations, facilitate the establishment of strategic business plans, and lead project activities to achieve those plans. This position will be responsible for establishing and fostering successful relationships (relationship management) with stakeholders and department resources across the organization. In addition, the Senior Project Manager in the planning, resourcing and coordination of a wide variety of projects within the organization by working with functional business leaders and other IT leaders. The project portfolio will include both IT-related large-scale corporate initiatives as well as smaller projects within the IT function.
1. Ensures that operational program and project plans are aligned with business objectives by setting goals for the function/ work area that are aligned with Business Owners / General Manager’s goals
2. Manages resources to ensure that operational, financial, and technology-related objectives are met or exceeded.
3. Creates challenging roles and assigns stretch work responsibilities to build organizational capabilities and fill credibility gaps
4. Influences partners and/or organizational leadership through effective listening and communication to accomplish program/project goals.
5. Recommends, develops, implements, and ensures consistent application of project management methodologies, procedures, and standards within the IT PMO team members.
6. Serves as an agent of change by communicating program and project management policies and procedures at all levels in the organization and educating stakeholders as required.
7. Maintains data on IT program/project portfolio and regularly reports on same to CTO (status and risk reports.)
8. Integrate internal architectural standards and PMI best practices into partners program/project management methodologies.
9. Implements and executes and appropriate program/project portfolio review process including in-progress analysis as well as post-mortem “lessons learned”.
10. Other duties as assigned by management.
• A minimum of 5 years of PMO management for at least 2 mid to large size organizations
• The ability to handle multiple high priority projects in a fast paced and rapidly growing environment
• Solid understanding of technical concepts including Application Development, Infrastructure, Database Management, and Web Technologies, including structured SDLC processes (Waterfall and Agile)
• Thorough understanding of project management methodologies and best practices [e.g., PMI - PMBOK, Prince 2, etc.] as well as process improvement methodologies [e.g., Six Sigma, Lean, etc.]
• Proven ability to manage a large portfolio of projects successfully against scope, schedule, and budget
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
Please be local to the Irvine, Ca area. Orange County, San Diego and Los Angeles
Apply Directly at our Web Site here:
About Local Recruiting Dept:
Local Recruiting Dept
Recent jobs at Local Recruiting Dept