Senior Product Manager - SEO Products &amp; Services
Local Recruiting Dept
in Redondo Beach, Ca
Local.com (NASDAQ: LOCM) is a leading local search engine and the largest local search network in the United States. The company provides over 19 million consumers each month with the most relevant search results for local businesses, products and services on Local.com and over 700 regional media sites. Businesses can target ready-to-purchase consumers using a variety of advertising products including subscription, pay per click, banner and pay per call ad products. Local.com consistently ranks in the Top 100 in U.S. website traffic according to Internet research firm, comScore.
Powered by the company's patent-pending Keyword DNA™ and local web indexing technologies, Local.com provides users with targeted, relevant local search results. These results include special offers from local businesses, reviews from other users, local businesses' website links, maps, driving directions and more. The company is based in Irvine, California.
Local.com is seeking a highly talented and effective Sr. Product Manager of its OCTANE360 Business Unit, which provides domain-based local advertising solutions to small businesses, domain portfolio owners, agencies and channel partners. This is a rare chance to become a part of a strategic team working diligently to rapidly enhance its product offering in a local search market full of opportunity!
The Sr. Product Manager (OCTANE360) will report into the VP of Product Management with dotted line responsibility to the Vice President of OCTANE360. This position will have direct responsibility for developing and managing the Exact Match and Ad Exchange products.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of SEO, the SMB website and online advertising market, as well as advertising networks. The individual must be familiar with ad serving and ad management platforms required for various types of online advertising products as well as experience with reporting and analytic tools used to measure and report consumer traffic, site and feature usage, and advertiser performance. Prior experience in online advertising; search engine optimization (SEO); geo-location mapping systems; and web traffic reporting and analytics are key skills the candidate should possess.
As business repeat usage and organic growth are key KPI’s for all business units, the candidate must have a strong working knowledge of SEO and SEM techniques and strategies; as well as social media tools, features, and techniques.
Prior experience in guided user conversion and / or ecommerce is a plus.
Candidates must immediately possess and demonstrate all aspects of professional product management including: market and competitive analysis, requirements and functional specifications, go-to-market strategies, build-buy analysis, road mapping; and business modeling. The ability to produce a product roadmap within the first 60 to 90 days will be critical. Candidates must have a proven record of understanding and applying technology to solve business challenges.
Products for this role may include, but are not limited to: Small Business and Domain-based websites, Ad Exchange (Advertising Network), Geo-targeted domains, Search, Business Listings, Ad Feeds, Lead generation and the Self-Service Subscription Ad Purchasing UI.
- Leading without authority the product management efforts for Local.com’s OCTANE360 Products and Services
- Perform market analysis and requirements gathering.
- Drive development of business specifications.
- Evaluate third party solutions for potential acquisition and/or partnership.
- Develop go-to-market strategies that enable fast time to market and the ability to grow sustainable competitive advantage.
- Formulate business case that links investments to returns and identifies metrics (KPI’s) for continuously evaluating success of overall business.
- Work with business owners and development leaders to create product and services roadmap.
- Serve as member of the Product Management team in helping to define, develop, and deploy integrated products & services that satisfy our customers, achieve our financial objectives, and challenge our employees.
- 5-8 years experience in Product Management in Online Advertising and/or Online Search Properties.
- Inherit desire to develop, refine and/or package new products for customers.
- Well tuned to detail and delivering quality products.
- Prior experience in bringing B2B and consumer-facing products to market.
- Familiarity with performance based advertising products- such as Google AdSense, Overture, Idearc, etc… and understanding KPI’s that drive product decisions.
- Proven ability to collaborate with both business unit customers and technical teams.
- Past experience defining, developing, and introducing products/services that delivered material revenue and profitability growth.
- Past experience in forming partnerships and/or executing acquisitions to accelerate product/service creation efforts.
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial individual able to drive initiatives forward and work well under pressure. Emphasis on communications; training; and operations.
- Direct product experience analyzing, researching, and drawing conclusions surrounding sophisticated sort and search algorithms.
- Experience with rapid, iterative development processes such as Agile and/or Feature Driven Development.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- BS (MS / MBA Preferred) in Advertising, Business Administration, Computer Science or equivalent.
----- Please be local to the Irvine, Ca area. Orange County, San Diego and Los Angeles
Apply Directly at our Web Site here:
About Local Recruiting Dept:
Local Recruiting Dept
Recent jobs at Local Recruiting Dept