Senior Manager of Engineering - CSS, Java, MySQL, Offshore
Local Recruiting Dept
in Redondo Beach, Ca
Local.com (NASDAQ: LOCM) is a leading local search engine and the largest local search network in the United States. The company provides over 19 million consumers each month with the most relevant search results for local businesses, products and services on Local.com and over 700 regional media sites. Businesses can target ready-to-purchase consumers using a variety of advertising products including subscription, pay per click, banner and pay per call ad products. Local.com consistently ranks in the Top 100 in U.S. website traffic according to Internet research firm, comScore.
Powered by the company's patent-pending Keyword DNA™ and local web indexing technologies, Local.com provides users with targeted, relevant local search results. These results include special offers from local businesses, reviews from other users, local businesses' website links, maps, driving directions and more. The company is based in Irvine, California.
Local.com is looking for an entrepreneurial team player with the spirit and desire to envision change and see it happen. The ideal Senior Manager of Engineering will be an Architect and Technology Expert who is a natural leader and thrives on successfully delivering engineering efforts for rapidly growing companies. The candidate will play a critical part in enhancing OCTANE360 / Local.com’s product offering which creates unique local-focused websites. This is a rare chance to become a part of a team working diligently to rapidly enhance its product offering in a local search market full of opportunity!
This Senior Manager will manage the engineering efforts of an onshore/offshore development and infrastructure team as well as interface with the Local.com product and business teams to understand and execute on key business priorities. The candidate will have an excellent business sense and excel at explaining project details clearly in a non-technical manner. The candidate will have established a reputation of delivering high-quality and highly sustainable web-based products on time, while functioning in a startup type environment.
The Senior Manager’s responsibilities include:
• Managing the onshore / offshore development of OCTANE360 / Local.com customized location based websites while adhering to architecture goals and development principles.
• Managing the infrastructure which supports the application with onshore / offshore resources. Work with Local.com technical team to craft an architectural vision and then direct resource to make progress toward the vision.
• Working with the Local.com technical team to ensure that the technical direction is consistent with other Local.com products.
• Pro-actively collaborating with cross-functional partners in Product Management, Customer Service, Business Development and Marketing to define and execute against the strategic goals.
• Establish quality methodologies, metrics, and standards to create, track and improve the software process.
• Evaluate development teams and provide feedback on their performance.
• 10+ years experience in requirements analysis, design, coding and testing in high-performing web applications
• Accomplished Internet technologist, skilled in architecture (hardware and software), development, implementation and management.
• Have an in-depth and hands-on knowledge of Web 2.0 and e-commerce strategies.
• Proven success in a small startup environment.
• Smart, fun, and enjoyable to work with, loves to “make things happen”, embrace change, and can thrive working in a very fast paced environment.
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical field.
We would be interested in seeing an online profile that showcases your best and most recent work.
---- Please be local to the Irvine, Ca area. Orange County, San Diego and Los Angeles
Apply Directly at our Web Site here:
About Local Recruiting Dept:
Local Recruiting Dept
Recent jobs at Local Recruiting Dept